Are you experiencing high cholesterol levels in the blood? Numerous individuals around the world suffer from this condition and struggle with decreasing the levels of cholesterol.
In this article, we will give you ten useful recommendations on how to control your cholesterol levels.
Actually, this condition can be treated just like any other health problem, with balanced diet and regular exercising. The foods you consume play essential role in controlling the blood cholesterol.
Moreover, you must distinguish the two types of cholesterol HDL and LDL. Well, the first difference is that HDL is healthy cholesterol and LDL is the bad cholesterol.
The first one is helpful in removing cholesterol from the blood and the second is bad because it accumulates in the blood vessels. However, you need to know that there is something you can do to control the cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Prepare a healthy sandwich with whole grain bread and a slice of turkey meat and combine it with lots of raw vegetables. Avoid consuming hot dogs, junk food, salami, mayonnaise and bologna because they contain high amounts of cholesterol and fat.
- You can consume salmon, especially red salmon because it contains hug amounts of ω-3 fatty acids. In addition, the flax-seed contains lots of ω-3 as well.
- Try not to consume trans-fatty acids because they can increase the bad cholesterol and decrease the good cholesterol. Foods that contain trans-fatty acids are: margarine and different processed goods that are made of hydrogenated soybean oil.
- Consume various nuts: walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, cashew nuts and pecan nuts. Moreover, consume organic natural peanut butter and avoid the regular type because it has trans-fatty acids.
- When it comes to sweet dessert try to find healthy alternatives such as angel cake, graham cracker or frozen yogurt that contains no sugar.
- Consume products that are full of fiber such as: oat-meals, whole grain bread, raw produce, bean and whole grain cereals.
- Instead of fried food eat grilled food. Grill the meat because in this way you will avoid greasy meals and the meat will be tastier.
- Invent a healthy dressing for your salad because the regular ones are rich in trans-fatty acids and contain high amounts of cholesterol. Try a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice. In addition, skip bacon, egg yolks and crouton.
- Eat a lot of raw fruits and veggies because they are cholesterol free and contain huge amounts of essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. You can eat peas, cauliflower, orange, mango, broccoli, pineapple, papaya, garlic, onion, tomato, spinach, banana, apricot, berries and kiwi.
- Don’t eat junk food and fried foods because those meals can increase the blood cholesterol levels instantly.
Instead of mayonnaise you can add pepper or oregano in your food in order to make them taste better. It is not difficult to try these tips, simply change your every day routines and start exercising on a regular basis. The results will be amazing and you will get rid of the bad cholesterol in your blood.